Sunday, August 9, 2009

IKEA tables

Emmaline's been wanting to work on the computer a lot, so Royce set up our old lap-top as her computer station, and she has had so much fun. She literally will sit there for an hour at a time, working on stuff. Since we'd decided to make her a station, I've been looking at small tables for her, and we found these small end tables at Ikea, and they're only $7.99. They're waferboard, which makes them really light, and are a great size for her, and there are other colors to choose from. (I wouldn't have picked red, but she's old enough now to have an opinion, and she wanted red.:) )
We got a white one too, to replace her food table, which had gotten really old and gross. Mainly gross. Old doesn't really matter that much to us at the stage. :) They're plain, but you could decorate them pretty easily if you wanted to. The flower and butterfly sitting on the red table are ones we pealed off of the old table, and they're just the 45cent wood cut-outs from Walmart. If you plan on having your kid eat at the table, though, I wouldn't recommend putting anything on the top, because food/milk gets in the little cracks and it gets really nasty. But maybe something on the side.


Since we've wanted to set her up a computer station, for some reason I got it into my head that she needed her own special mouse pad, so I played around with fireworks, (my first time really creating anything by myself. I still had to have Royce help me a little, though) and this is what I came up with. So hopefully it will work, and I'll get it made into a mouse pad from Wal-Mart. One really cool thing that Royce showed me was textures. (I guess the mouse can't have an image repeated over again because it can't separate the difference between the two.) So he showed me how to put it on the background. I think next time I'll have him show me how to put it all over, and make my picture look a little cooler. Although, now that her table is red, maybe I should go with more of a lady-bug theme. They also had round mouse pads at Ikea for 99cents.

4 comments:

Lea said...

The busty mouse is cute - I want her skirt, but ladybugs would be oh so cute with the little red table.

Tori said...

Haha...I suppose she is kind of busty. I thought I was making them small. :)

Jenny said...

You're so adorable, Tori. Now I'm going to have to take a trip to IKEA :)

Tori said...

Yeah, it was a really good deal. I'd been looking around for the last couple of weeks, and nothing remotely the same price, or as cute.