Sunday, March 1, 2009

I may be in over my head...



So Emmaline looks pretty sweet and harmless, right? Well, I'm not so sure any more. I think she's much too smart for her own good, and has a little bit of her Mommy's "little evil man that she keeps tied up pretty well in her brain most of the time." So here's a couple of stories for you, that I thought were pretty funny.

Story number one. Emmaline hates it when I sing. Hates it. She tells me to be quiet because I'm making her sad. She also knows that Pocahontas is my favorite Disney movie. So a couple of weeks ago, she wanted me to sing her a Pocahontas song. I was shocked! (A couple of side notes; for Christmas she got a bunch of plastic food, and she also got the movie Fivel Goes West. Well on Fivel Goes West, his sister Tanya is singing a song, and the other mice start throwing tomatoes at her. Do you see where I'm going with this?) Of course I didn't make the connection that soon, and I start singing Pocahontas songs for her, a little excited that she finally wanted Mommy to sing to her, and lo and behold, she started throwing fruits and vegetables at me. (And really just fruits and vegetables...the plastic food comes with boxes of cookies, and milk, and stuff like that, but she just picked out the fruit and vegetables.)


Story number two. We found my old copy of Snow White the other day, and Emmaline has loved it, and watches it all of the time now. We've also been buying a lot of little green apples, because they're on sale, and Emmaline eats them like crazy. She'll eat two or three a day. So the other day, I'm sitting on my bed, and she comes in with an apple, hands it to me, and says, "Here, have a bite." Just like the witch does on Snow White, and then she laughs out a cackle, and walks out of the room. Yikes. Don't believe the suicide note.

(The pictures are actually from October, and really have nothing to do with either story, I just don't really like putting up a post without pictures :))

Oh my goodness! She just did it to me again! Every night we get her pj's on, and brush teeth, and read scriptures in Mommy and Daddy's bed, and I'm always the last one in, and so she hides under the blankets with Royce, and I have to come in and find her. Every night. OCD. So just after I finished posting the above, she comes up to me, and wants to go hide, and she wants me to come and find her. So I let her hide, and I go in my room, (leaving the light off) and the blankets were off the bed, so I thought she was behind it on the other side, so I look back there, and she's not there, so I thought I heard her wrong, and she was really in her room hiding, so I'm just about to my bedroom door to go look for her in her room, and she jumps out from behind the door, and yells, "Boo!" She almost gave me a heart attack! I had no idea she was there, and I just about had to change my pants. I even screamed a little. I'm in big trouble here folks.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

That fruits and veggies story made me laugh so hard, that is FUNNY!!

Princess Mema said...

What a funny little girl you have there! I also loved the throwing fruit story....hilarious!

Hizzeather said...

Great post! I'm sorry to laugh at this, but it's HILARIOUS! Yeah, you're in trouble, but it will all be worth it when she turns into an awesome, funny, well rounded adult! :)

Aubrey said...

Tori, the post about your little girl made me laugh out loud. It's been a while since we've talked but I thought I should say hi and good luck!

Warrior Princesa said...

Oh wow!! THe trouble is....I can see her doing all this! Have fun with that Tori.....your inner you has been created and let out of the box.....:/ yikes.

Carol Kimmons said...

Too funny! That's all I can say.