Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy! (yesterday)


I made Royce a chocolate ice cream cake with cookies and cream ice cream. (And for those of you who don't know, this is PomPom from Homestarrunner. I ran out of fondant, so his head and limbs aren't very proportionate, but you get the general idea :) )

My parents and I went in together for Royce's birthday present this year, and we got him a new monitor. He likes it a lot. :)


Here's Emmaline playing with the box that the monitor came in.



We took Daddy out for dinner, and he had mentioned when we were on the coast that Irish restaurants have really good food, so I found one in Austin, and we surprised him on his birthday. The restaurant is called Fado, but it's also a pub, so I e-mailed them a week before and asked if it was a family friendly environment, and they assured me that it was family friendly, but it becomes more of the pub at nine, and that's when they finish serving dinner. So we went after Royce was done with class (7:00pm) but for some reason they decided to start some drinking games an hour early, so after the 5th or 6th F bomb over the speakers, we ate really fast and got out of there :) So if you go to an Irish Pub, I would recommend maybe a lunch there. The cheeseburger that I got was really good :) (Oh, if you look a little closer you can see what logo is on Emmaline's glass)

5 comments:

Reianna said...

Ice cream cake! Wow, you are super talented. I would love to learn how to do that. Happy birthday Royce!

Jenny said...

GUILD WARS???

Emmaline is so cute and I love her expressions:)

Happy Birthday Royce (if you're reading this, which I doubt)

J. Guest said...

Happy birthday, birthday twin.

HOLLAA!!!

Hizzeather said...

Awesome cake! I am laughing thinking of you three in a pub! :)

Happy Birthday Royce!

Amanda said...

I hope it's okay that I found your blog...
That cake is amazing! Joseph would love me if I could make him a Pompom cake!
PS - Emmaline is super duper cute.