Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hooray for Christmas!





Emmaline and I have been having so much fun this Christmas season. We made a gingerbread house. We just bought one of the Wilton kits from Michaels...sooo much easier. (Well, I think anyway. I don't know if I've ever made a gingerbread house...I'm sure I did when I was little...I can't remember :) )But we're both so OCD, that I'd do a section, and she'd do a section, and she did the whole roof! She did a good job. (I mean, obviously I piped the loops for her, but she put all of the candy on.)
Today we also got the finishing touches on her room. We found a couple of cute/soft rugs at Ross, and some really cute wall stickers from Target. It's a lot nicer in there. Maybe Royce and I will hang out in there now too. :)
Even Royce is able to start enjoying himself a little. This week he has had big presentations in all of his classes, and has done really well, and made special web-sites for all of them. Now he just has finals to finish, and then he'll have a nice break from school and will only have to work. So it's been a pretty good day all around!

3 comments:

J. Guest said...

I LOVE the icicle effect with the frosting.

Merry Christmas!

anitawarnick.com said...

I love Christmas! Emmaline's room is really cute!. I didn't have any self control and I put my Christmas tree up two weeks before thanksgiving:-) I love the pies you made for thanksgiving! I made pumpkin pie for thanksgiving and it turned out awful...I was very disappointed because I am usually really good at baking:-( We are officially going to be in Texas this next summer so we are def going to have to get together:-)

Jenny said...

Aww, so cute! Her room looks great, you're so creative:)